Last updated: May 22, 2020
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Church (referred to as either “the Church”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Saint Mina Coptic Orthodox Church, Jebeli Ali, Dubai.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Website refers to saintminadubai.org
- Service refers to the Website.
- Country refers to: United Arab Emirates
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Church. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Church to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Church, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Church in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies Type: Session CookiesAdministered by: UsPurpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Functionality CookiesType: Persistent CookiesAdministered by: UsPurpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Church may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Church will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Church’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred and maintained on computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
St. Mina Church Dubai Application
St. Mina Church Dubai Application & Website owned and operated by St. Mina Church, Jebel Ali, Dubai – UAE., knows you care how information about you is used and shared. We hope the following statements will help you understand how St. Mina Church Dubai Application & Website collects, uses and protects the information you provide to us on our site or app.
What we collect and how we use it?
- Unique Device ID and GPS location
When you install or open the St. Mina Church Dubai Application & Website for the first time, we collect your Unique Device ID (‘UDID’). We use this information to provide a tailored experience for you. The information is collected in order to determine the aggregate number of unique devices using our service or parts of our service, to track total usage, analyze data, and communicate with you more effectively. We may combine this information with information from third parties to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our service. We do not share any personally identifiable information with third parties in association with your UDID without your explicit permission.
On our mobile application, we access some permissions:
(a) READ_PHONE_STATE: to stop playing any audio when the user receive a call.
(b) SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: to let the daily msg appear on the mobile screen.
(c) READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to store the bible interpretation files that the user select to download and the cards too.
(d) WAKE_LOCK: to unlock the mobile with the appearing of the daily msg.
(e) WRITE_SETTINGS: to select the alert tone of the daily msg.
- St. Mina Church Dubai Application & Website cookies
When you visit St. Mina Church Dubai Application & Website, we may send one or more cookies to your computer, so that we may uniquely identify your browser. (A cookie is simply a tiny text file containing a string of characters.) Accepting our cookies allows you to keep your user preferences from session to session. Although most browsers accept cookies by default, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies, or to tell you when you’re being sent a cookie. Some St. Mina Church Dubai Application & Website features and services may not function properly if you have cookies disabled.
- Log information
When you use St. Mina Church Dubai Application & Website’s online services, our servers automatically record information that your mobile sends when you visit one of our websites. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Third party sites
How do we protect your information?
“St. Mina Church Dubai Application & Website” does not share your personal information with other institutions without your explicit consent. “St. Mina Church Dubai Application & Website” takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. including internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. Unless explicit permission is obtained from you, “St. Mina Church Dubai Application & Website” restricts access to personal information to its employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
“St. Mina Church Dubai Application & Website” Team reviews data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.